|Duration||8 sessions per month|
|Course language||English, Russian|
|Price||$25 per session|
AGE 8: Place values, introduction to fractions, multiplication/division lesson
- Understanding what multiplication and division is and why it is used
- Introduction to multiplication tables
- Multiplying by 10, 100 and 1,000
- Rounding to the nearest 10’s, 100’s and 1,000’s place
- Introduction to fractions and how to use them
- Addition of multiple large numbers
- Subtraction with regrouping with 10s, 100s and 1,000s
- Addition and subtraction word problems
- Addition and subtraction 2 step word problems
- Introduction of perimeter and area of simple shapes
- Perimeter of polygons with missing side lengths
- Telling time using a clock
- Arithmetic patterns
- Commutative property of addition and multiplication
- Associative property of addition and multiplication
What you will learn
After these lessons, students will be able to:
- Understand what multiplication and division is and the correct way to use it.
- Easily multiply any number by 10, 100 and 1,000.
- Round any number to the nearest 10’s, 100’s and 1,000’s with ease.
- Identify fractions using shapes.
- Add multiple large numbers within a single problem.
- How to subtract properly using the regrouping method.
- How to solve 2 step addition and subtraction word problems.
- How to find perimeter and area of simple shapes.
- How to find any missing side length of a polygon knowing its perimeter.
- How to easily read time using a clock.
- How to find missing numbers in arithmetic patterns.
- Understand the commutative and associative property of addition and multiplication and how to use it to make math problems simpler
These skills are key to getting exceptional grades on the state exams, classroom tests, homework, and class assignments!
GET A FREE CONSULTATION
Talk to teacher directly, have all your questions answered.
Get a free evaluation and know exactly where you stand and where to go next.