It is the main course for everyone who takes the first steps in the visual arts, no matter what age
they are, kids or adults. Drawing is the basis for everything. It acquaints listeners with such
important basic concepts as shape, volume, line, spot, light and shadow, reflex, plain and depth,
space, perspective. It reveals the secrets of creating a volumetric image on the plain using a
pencil or soft materials. One who knows how to hold a pencil properly acquires freedom of
expression of the wildest dreams. During sessions students will learn a step- by- step technique
of using various materials – pencil, sauce, sanguine, charcoal. Starting from scratch, the students
will gradually learn how to draw still lives, flowers, portraits, landscapes, and even a human
Course duration 12 lessons
1. Study materials, pencil, charcoal pastel. How to properly hold them in your hand, apply them to
different surfaces, paper, cardboard, canvas.
2. Drawing of geometric shapes. Acquaintance with the basics of drawing: layout in a sheet,
organization in space, perspective, stroke.
3. Drawing of architectural rosettes and draperies. Acquaintance with the simplest forms and
4. Still life of jugs, mugs and fruits. Fundamentals of compositional and plastic construction.
5. Continuation of the still life, studying the tonality of the drawing, what is light, shadow, partial
6. Drawing with the structural features of the human head: eyes, nose, lips, ear.
7. Drawing of draperies or fabrics.
8. Drawing of the plaster head. Building proportions, composition on a sheet of paper.
9. Continuation of the drawing of the plaster head, the study of light and shade.
10. Portrait. Drawing of a living model. Basic principles of construction, proportions and
11. Continuation of the portrait drawing, black-and-white transfer of the drawing volume.
12. Figure drawing. Acquaintance with the construction of a human figure on a plane